• Show
Clear All

• EPL Week 5 September 16 2017

Click image for larger version

Name:	DJtRBgiXkAAnbAA.jpg:large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	415.7 KB
ID:	9337

Another Saturday means another slate of English Premier League soccer games! In this write up, I’ll give you my favorite play at every position. Keep in mind, that these picks are for GPPs since that’s all I play, but they can also profile as great cash game picks with solid floors and lots of upside. Remember, my goal here is to think outside of the box because that is how you win large field contests. So let’s get right to it! Prices and positions are for Draftkings.

Main Slate - 6 Games

GK - Jack Butland - Stoke City - $4,400

The price on Butland is just too good to ignore. Yes, he’s a road underdog but he has displayed fantastic skill this season saving 80% of shots on target which is the 2nd best in the league. In addition, his opponent, Newcastle United are second in the league in terms of accuracy with 44.7% of their shots being on goal. What does this mean? Butland is going to be a very busy man, and as a result makes for a sneaky good GPP play this weekend with the potential to rack up a bunch of saves. Will he get the win? Probably not. But a clean sheet is definitely in play and if that happens along with the numerous saves he’s going to have to make, he could be the key to winning GPPs as he’ll most likely net 20+ DK Pts in the process. Don’t sleep on Butland!

D - Benjamin Mendy - Manchester City - $5,900

Mendy is whipping in crosses like crazy as if his life depends on it which is definitely a surprise considering Pep Guardiola's reputation for depressing the fantasy value of his defenders. But Manchester City have been playing a 3-5-2 formation with Mendy operating as wide midfielder which allows him to pick up ancillary stats. He’s done exactly that, averaging 9 crosses in 2 premier league games with his new side. He’s pricey, but with a clean sheet likely, he’s a good bet for 10 DK Pts.

D - Andrew Robertson - Liverpool - $5,600

Like Mendy, Robertson has been a crossing machine. He has only played in one league match this season, but put in a whopping 10 crosses in his lone match against Crystal Palace back on August 19th, scoring 15 DK Pts. Liverpool are a huge -480 favorite, which almost certainly means Robertson will nab a clean sheet and 3 more DK Pts in the process. As an added bonus, it appears he and fellow left back teammate Alberto Moreno are in a positional battle which is more incentive for Robertson to play well.

M- Riyad Mahrez - Leicester City - $7,500

Mahrez is likely to go overlooked due to Leicester’s struggles away from King Power stadium. Still, Leicester are favorites, albeit small ones and the total of 2.5 goals is a healthy one. Mahrez is one of the most skillful players in the world and his price just seems too cheap. He also even occasionally takes some corners which just adds to his versatility in the fantasy scoring department. As a favorite against a Huddersfield Town squad who are newly promoted, I could see Mahrez doing some serious damage at reduced ownership.

M- Michail Antonio - West Ham - $6,800

The dynamic English winger had a solid game against Huddersfield on Monday scoring 10 DK pts, despite not registering a goal nor assist. He comes into Saturday’s game as a small away dog. Despite the odds not favoring West Ham against a decent West Brom team, I think Antonio and the rest of the West Ham team are desperate for points as they fight to get out of the relegation zone or the bottom three. West Ham have been riddled with injuries but are starting to get players back and will definitely go overlooked. Antonio provides the perfect opportunity to grab that low ownership. If he gets a goal, he could smash value as he already fills up the stat sheet.

F- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting- Stoke City - $5,800

He’s probably not a household name when you think about the Premier League but that certainly didn’t matter last week as he went off for 30.75 DK pts against the Premier League Goliath Manchester United. His salary has risen by $1,300 since then, but still offers lots of value at this price. As a road underdog visiting Newcastle United, Moting will see low ownership even with a total of 2.5 goals. Newcastle United certainly aren’t a club to be afraid of and they definitely aren’t the same caliber of Manchester United. After scoring 2 goals against the top premier league club, who knows what’s in store for Moting this week?

F- Harry Kane - Tottenham - $11,000

There really isn’t much that needs to be said. Seriously. There has been a direct correlation between me fading Kane and losing money this season and I finally learned my lesson the hard way after Kane went off for a ridiculous 36 DK pts against Borussia Dortmund in their midweek Champions League clash. It’s hard to believe Kane is only 24 years old but he is, and he might not even have hit his ceiling yet. He’s arguably the most prolific goal scorer in the league right now and even adds some peripheral stats here and there to go along with his insane 7 shots per game average. As Tottenham are massive -500 favorites against a poor Swansea team in a game with a total of 3 AND where they’re at home, fade at your own risk.

Working...
X